[TR] TR3A Engine

Pete Ryner pryner at verizon.net
Sun May 4 10:44:04 MDT 2014

I totally agree with Randall,
I've rebuilt many engines over the years and the Spitfire and TR-3 are among
the easiest to do yourself.  Are you changing pistons and liners?  You'll
have to find a good machine shop to have the machine work done, but there is
nothing exotic about that.  Toughest work may be having new hardened valve
seats installed so you can use unleaded fuel with no worries.  All of the
parts are readily available and as Randall said, the tool costs are minimal.
Many of the tools can be borrowed from Autozone or Advance Auto or the like.
Good luck
Pete