[TR] first start up of Spring!

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Fri May 2 15:02:47 MDT 2014

It got progressively less cloudy today in North Attleboro, MA and it is
decently warm.  I figured it would be a good day to get the car out after I
took my mandatory bike ride (must exercise, must exercise).  So I got the
bike out, closed the garage door and off I went.  When I returned, I went to
open the garage door and discovered that one of the door springs broke.
Hmmm.  So I got the battery out, pulled wires off their connectors and slid
them back on a few times to make sure connections at the alternator, coil
and distributor were good, cleaned the battery terminals and clams and
installed the battery.  The TR-6 started right up!  Yes!!!!.  I pulled  it
out of the garage and started to fix the spring.  As I did so, my neigbor's
grand son tried to open the garage next to mine, only to discover that one
of the cable connectors had perished.   We fixed our various spring and
cable problems and then we went to our separate original plans.  His was to
mow a lawn.  Mine was to take a joyride.   Let's see, rain had washed roads
clean.  Winshield was washed.  Top was put down and tonneau cover was
snapped on.   I turned the key and my happy little engine once more came to
life.  I was rather surprised at how well it ran this year.   Last year it
sputtered a lot until I got fresh gas into it.  This year, and the only
difference I know of was using marine grade gas stabilizer, it runs great!
I'm a happy camper!

Ron L, 1973 Mimosa TR-6