[TR] Question on how to connect the horn push on my new Tourist Trophy steering wheel.

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Fri Mar 28 17:07:16 MDT 2014

OK,
I just got my new Tourist Trophy wood rimmed steering wheel and TR4A adapter
hub and the swap went great until I looked at how to connect the horn wire to
the horn push. The instructions don't explain this little detail but, I got a
bag containing two red wires. One had a spring loaded contact on it and that
went in the bottom of the adaptor hub. The other end of that wire has a socket
type bullet connector. So far so good. The other wire in the bag has the
mating connector to the first wire but the other end has a female "blade The
horn push is the problem. I don't see how I am supposed to connect the red
wire to the horn push. The other problem is that I don't see how the horn push
makes any kind of electrical connection. Maybe I have a bad horn push?
Has anyone recently installed one of these steering wheels on a TR4A that can
shed some light on it? I will call Moss tomorrow but in the mean time, I
thought I would ask the group.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt