[TR] Tr3 lock barrel

Wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Mon Mar 17 19:51:06 MDT 2014

Yes, I have the newer model you describe, TR3B.  I used to be a pretty good
lock-picker, I'll give it a try.

Thanks,
Bill

Sent from mobile Bill

On Mar 17, 2014, at 8:31 PM, George Richardson <gpr at key-men.com> wrote:

Some of the older locks have a nut on a screw coming out of the back of the
lock. If you remove the nut, the lock cylinder will come out. the later locks
require that the cylinder be rotated to allow access to a spring loaded pin
through an access hole on the side. This requires that you either have a key,
or can pick the lock.

I have complete sets of tryout keys I use for this.

George Richardson
Key Men - Keys for Classics
www.key-men.com

1957 Triumph TR3
1961 Jaguar Mark 2
1975 Triumph TR6
1997 Land Rover Discovery

> On 3/17/2014 6:12 PM, Wbeech wrote:
> Starting to assemble the dash bits and do not recall how to remove the old
> lock barrel (no key available)  from the ignition switch in order to
install
> the new one from Moss.  Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Also, does anyone have the two plastic indicator light holders, charging
and
> turn signal, in their stash they would like to sell before I go to TRF or
Moss

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/gpr@key-men.com