[TR] TR4 & TR4A exhaust combination?

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Sun Mar 16 13:18:38 MDT 2014

> I have a little problem with the TR4 project.  I bought a 4A SS dual
> exhaust to install. It was very pricey. Turns out that I have to use the
> stock TR4 manifold with the Judson Supercharger. Now, has anyone combined
> the two exhausts using the single 4 down pipe from the manifold,
> eliminating the front muffler and then hooking up to the 4A exhaust's
> mid-range single pipe?  Yikes, I know this could be a "reach". If not I may
> have a complete, brand new SS 4A exhaust 4 sale.

Not exactly, but I have long run my 4A with the stock manifold (twin
outlets) to a twin downpipe Y and then to twin rear silencers - that is,
I removed the front "resonator" from the original configuration of the
twin rear system.

Works great, and sounds better than the ANSA I had - and I don't need to
repair it every year, either.

I'm not sure, however, that the 4's frame will have exactly the mounting
points you need - but it seems worth a try.