[TR] EZ-LOK

Alex&Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Sun Mar 9 12:49:17 MDT 2014

The advantage of these is that you only need a drill and a standard size tap
to install them unlike a Helicoil which requires an STI (Spring Thread
Insert) tap. Since they use a standard O.D. thread, they can be replaced
easily and are probably good for situations where there is a lot of
disassembly/reassembly.  The downside is that they require a considerable
amount of surrounding material to work with. I just checked the set that I
bought and saw that a 1/4 - 28 repair sleeve will require a 7/16 - 14 thread
- that's a lot of material to lose. Once you have removed that much
material, you will have limited options for future thread repair.

Alex Thomson