[TR] Tr4 Leaf springs

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Sat Mar 8 07:57:10 MST 2014

     Years ago I was tearing away from a stop sign in my TR3 and I heard what
sounded like multiple shotgun blasts. It was the left rear spring giving it
up. I can't remember the leaf count, but I think that it was all 7 leaves
broke in a vertical line and the axle went to the bump stops. I should have
been lubricating the springs as the manual instructed. I replaced them with
new springs from Moss and an axle relocating kit from ARE and have no
complaints. Getting the front spring mounting bolts out of the spring and
through the frame was a minor ordeal.
      Good luck.

     -Bill Brewer