[TR] Parts suggestions

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:39:03 MST 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2.  I figure that a nearly 40 year old coil can't be considered
> reliable in the long run.  Assuming otherwise stock ignition, what's a
> good replacement coil?

Just yesterday I had (yet another) Lucas Sport Coil failure.  I got home
using my spare... a stock Lucas coil dated 1972.

I got a new replacement Lucas Sport -- guess I'm a glutton for punishment
-- though actually the one that failed was 10+ years old and lots of hot
miles.

Replace if you wish, but toss the old one in the boot.

Geo