[TR] 1974 TR6 Bonnet Fit

Bob 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sun Mar 2 06:45:50 MST 2014

Mine sits flush through the middle section and the ends are too high......
and the hood locating pins aren't the cause. I talked to a restoration shop
and a body shop and the only fix is to "spring" the hood. There was a thread
in the 6-Pack Forum about 6 months ago that went into excellent detail with
pictures showing how one guy did it with excellent results. So far I'm too
chicken to try it.

You could try fooling around with the hood fastener assemble to see if it's
pulling your hood down too tight but I doubt that's the problem as that
could make your hood very difficult to open.

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/

1975 TR6 modified with: