[TR] 1974 TR6 Bonnet Fit

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Sun Mar 2 00:15:06 MST 2014

     I am still fooling around with getting body panels to fit right on my
TR6. My bonnet (hood) seems really low at the center in the back. With the
rear corners fitting flush, the center of the hood sits about 1/4" lower than
the cowl behind it. I have checked for bodywork and bondo, but haven't found
any. The car did take a hit to the front left corner, but I doubt it could
have done this. The hood looks straight.
     I have been thinking of making a
wooden jog and trying to recurve the trailing edge of the hood. This might
work and it might be a disaster that I would regret trying. Do any other 1974
TR6's have this hood problem?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39699927@N08/12872603274/

     Bill Brewer

 Tehachapi, CA