[TR] TR3 front turn signals

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 1 13:19:58 MST 2014

Carl,

TR3 and TR4 are clear glass and at the time I dont believe amber lights
were around at the time. You can put whatever bulb in you want. Some
members are replacing with LED lights.

I remember in the 80's I had amber lights in my 3 but decided to go back
to stock clear after a re-paint.

I have the stock clear glass on my 58 3 with stock clear bulbs but
decided to use amber lenses on my 63 4 with the stock clear bulbs. I
think the amber is European spec.

I dont believe having amber lenses or lights would affect originality.

I wouldnt go halogen due to the high heat output so close to the rubber
parts of the assembly.

Bob