[TR] TR3 Broken Clutch Taper Pin Removal

Perry Hammock perryfly at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 19:33:37 MDT 2014

Perhaps I finally have something to contribute
today after removing the transmission in my TR3A
I found the clutch fork taper pin was broken at the threads.
read up on the remedies suggested, ecch.

I cleaned up the area, and tried to think of another way.
I got my 1/4 sheet vibrating sander, wedged the grease fitting on the cross
shaft between the platen and the body and let it vibrate the assembly.
After about a minute or so, the pin fell out with out any other
encouragement
Bob's your Uncle! That was easy, and the beer tasted so wonderful.

Just a suggestion next time you face the same dilemma.

Perry Hammock
1960 TR3A O