[TR] Slow Fast Slow Fast

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 11:57:19 MDT 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Martin Secrest
<moira.secrest at verizon.net> wrote:

> Should I turn both rotors?  They aren't scored; if I turn them must I put in
> new pads?

If I recall,t he GT6 rotors are like Spitfire rotors - a solid disk
without much extra thickness. May not be able to turn the warp out of
it.

I'd be tempted to replace rotors and pads, and make sure to evaluate
the cause - is a caliper sticking?  Also a good opportunity to clean
and grease bearings, replace rubber hoses, etc., if that all hasn't
already been done recently.

But then, I'm an overkill kind of guy.  If I go ahead and replace
everything while I'm in there, I don't have to take apart something
right after I just put it back together.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.