[TR] 1974 TR6 Headrest

greg at gelhar.com greg at gelhar.com
Tue Jun 3 00:52:05 MDT 2014

You have to depress the spring steel tab that protrudes from the support
post which prevents the headrest from just sliding out. The tab is located
on the right side of the headrest shaft. Here is what the little tab looks
like that holds them in. The spring action is very stiff. I haven't
figured out what tool is necessary to release it. I tried steel shim stock
and found the tab would puncture it before pressing in. I have these
pictures because I ended up stripping down a seat for recovering.

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

> Does anybody know how the adjustable headrest on a 1974 TR6 comes  off.
> Got these neat seatbelt guides but I can't figure out if the headrest
> comes
> out or the second option is to cut the guides.  Thanks
> Harry Mague
>
> ** triumphs at autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/greg@gelhar.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSC02112.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSC02120.JPG]