[TR] TR4A carburetors woes

Jeff piggerp at comcast.net
Tue Jul 29 15:31:53 MDT 2014

I replaced the Grose float valves with needle valves.  I also put in new
fixed floats.  I used a color tune and set the carbs to the proper mixture
(I think) The Colortune goes yellow at high RPM but is blue at idle.  I
checked the mechanical fuel pump which seams to pump a good flow of gas.  It
ran great and I thought I was done, but after going up a hill for about a
mile it started to stutter.  I noticed if I pull out the choke it runs
better.  Any suggestions?  Could the gas be bad?  It's been in the car for
about 6 months.