[TR] TR4A carburetors woes

Wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Sat Jul 5 18:43:58 MDT 2014

Sounds like the choke linkage is not returning all the way.  From under the
hood (bonnet) manually see that the linkage is fully returned to the off
positions, then take a spin.

Sometimes it is some simple.

Bill

Sent from mobile Bill

On Jul 5, 2014, at 7:23 PM, "Jeff" <piggerp at comcast.net> wrote:

I've been trying to get my TR4A on the road before winter sets in again.
I'm having a heck of a time getting my SU HS6 carburetors tuned.  I pulled
the floats and checked the fuel in the chamber.  They have Grose Jets in
them.  Both chambers have fuel about 1/2 way up the bowl.  I've done the
tuning on both carbs to where when you lift the piston the engine RPM seems
to rise and fall.  The engine runs great, I can rev it with no hesitation
and it seems very smooth.  I pulled the plugs and they were normal color.
When I take it for a spin though I can only get about 2 blocks and it starts
missing badly.  I get it home and pull the plugs and they are really sooty.
What am I missing?

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive