[TR] move coil from side of block

J.C. Hassall jhassall at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 11:34:35 MDT 2014

I did it on my TR4, good results.  Or perhaps I should say that I've not
experienced cool failure.  Bear in mind that (on the TR4) the mounting holes
in the block go thru to oiled area, must be sealed.

Jim

Fat-thumbed from my iPhone

> On Jul 26, 2014, at 12:18 PM, Allen Hess <allenhess at mgcarclub.com> wrote:
>
> Has anyone moved the ignition coil from the side of the block to the inner
fender or considered doing it to reduce the heat and vibration? Any
conclusions as to the result? I have a TR4 but it applies to most Triumphs.
The current coil, gold Lucas Sport is 15 years old, not a lot of mileage on
it. I had a coil go bad many years ago and the engine was missing badly before
it quit completely. This coil isn't that bad but there's a roughness at speed
(40-55 mph) that I can't pinpoint. Everything else has been tried, so a new
coil is on the way.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/jhassall@gmail.com