[TR] The Debate

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 21:49:37 MDT 2014

On 7/22/14, 5:25 PM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> Yep, ever since these lists started out back in 198?

1987.  I got my TR3 in '86 and was asking questions on rec.auto when I
got an email (From Dale at Apollo Computer if I recall) saying he was
starting a british car email list and ask if I wanted to join. Dale
lived in the North East and had an MGB that lived in a narrow dirt floor
garage.  If memory serves he gave up in the MG when he & his wife got
round enough that they could no longer easily get into or out of the
MG.  I guess that may be when you got the list. In very early 1990 the
list was split into the british car list and the Land Rover list.  After
that all the other marque lists were created.

I still miss the old british car list.

> The discussion won't end, because there is no one correct answer.
My answer was to try and make my TR3  into a period correct weekday
commute car & weekend air port runway racer.  There is nothing on the
car that you could not buy in the early 1960's.  Well one thing.  Super
bright LED cluster tail and brake lights.

TeriAnn