[TR] So there I was

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 06:51:06 MDT 2014

On 7/5/14, 5:16 AM, terryrs at comcast.net wrote:
> It takes somebody special to appreciate a vintage car.
>
> It takes somebody even more special to keep it on the road when it's 55 years old.

Since my newest car is a 1960 I sometimes think it takes a special kind
of idiot.  But once I find a car that suits me I never saw a reason to
get rid of it and replace it with something that would suit me even less.

With both of my vehicles people keep telling me that they had one years
ago and still regret selling it.  I decided that if I keep it I will
never regret selling it.  Besides I think it is foolish to spend a lot
of money on something that is worth less everyday.  Both my $1000 TR3
and my $350 Land Rover still gets me where I want to go even after
owning the TR3 for 28 years and the Land Rover for 36 years.  Of course
I have had to put money into maintaining them but since I never plan to
sell it is all just imaginary profit or loss anyway.  The important
thing is the smile on my lips and the other idiots who own these cars
that I have met and become friends with over the decades.

TeriAnn