[TR] TR6 ammeter

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jan 30 20:36:32 MST 2014

> We are having a discussion on how a TR6 ammeter should read.
> Mine has always shown a charge when running, although less once it has run
> bit, and as I turn on more equipment it shows a greater charge.
> Some say that is wrong.

They are correct.  As others on the list have said, you must have some (or
all) of your loads connected on the battery side of the ammeter.  Or, it
might be that the alternator is connected to the battery, and someone has
swapped leads on the ammeter.  But I think the first explanation is most
likely.

If the alternator really were overcharging the battery all the time, you'd
have acid spray all over, and be burning up batteries in a few months.

Randall