[TR] Alternative to Delco 10Si alternator?

Dean Mericas dmericas at austin.rr.com
Thu Jan 23 09:05:49 MST 2014

 My thought exactly: I'd like to avoid the grind to fit step.

Thanks.

Dean

On 1/23/2014 9:38 AM, Geo Hahn wrote:

  FWIW -- Alternators from the popular chains (AutoZone, O'Reilly's)
  usually come with a lifetime guarantee.  I use one on my older
  (non-British) car and on two occasions have swapped in a replacement
  in an AutoZone parking lot when the alternator failed while
  travelling.  They even let me use their impact wrench for the pulley
  nut.
  Of course they probably prefer you not grind away part of the body so
  one that fits w/o modification might be the best choice.
  Geo

  On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Deans RR <dmericas at austin.rr.com>