[TR] tr3 Radiator

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 20:51:20 MST 2014

> Just be glad you don't have a TR2 with the double cable latches that hold
> the hood down......

I've had my front apron off too many times now - it keeps getting better
each time.   I take masking tape and make witness marks and remove the
front apron.  I'm not familiar with the chrome beads, but removing the
apron is not that bad on a TR2.that has been recently gone over (total PIA
after 30+ years of storage...)

I did not use dum-dum on the fender to inner fender well seal - I cheated
and just used a small strip of duct tape along the edge.  I have not seen
any issue so far, but it's only been painted two years - and it seems
everytime I drive it  to a show - it rains....

My vote is tape up the fender seams and the front apron and remove it.  No
beer until the job is done!!!! (don't ask me how I know)

Cheers Chris