[TR] Lucas 25d distributor

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jan 4 11:42:12 MST 2014

> The original LT lead was clamped to the points plate

That was the ground lead for the point plate, not the low tension lead.  You need two wires, the LT lead goes from the insulated
terminal on the side to the spring for the points (on the post but insulated from the post by a "top hat").  The ground lead was
originally (I believe) riveted to the moving point plate, then over to one of the screws that holds the fixed base plate to the
body.

Both wires are a special material, that flexes easily (so to not interfere with the action of the vacuum advance), and hopefully
lasts a long time with constant flexing.  Ordinary stranded wire will work, but not for very long.

ISTR that there are two styles of LT lead; but maybe I'm thinking of the difference between DM2 and 25D4.

Randall