[TR] Lucas 25d distributor

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Sat Jan 4 11:07:07 MST 2014

Hi,

I have a

I am replacing the points, condenser and the low tension lead (inside
the distributor) on a Lucas 25D. The old lead was in pieces.

The original LT lead was clamped to the points plate - I suspect it made
contact with the plate- then was screwed down to the distributor housing
using the screw that holds points plate down.

The new lead does not look like it would make contact with the plate.

I have seen pictures of that show the lead going to the same post that
the condenser lead goes to - under the plastic spacer.

Is that the correct way?  Did something change?  Am I missing a wire
that should go to the distributor body?

Roger Elliott