[TR] TR3 Coil Mount Oil Leak

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Fri Jan 3 17:29:42 MST 2014

     My TR3 had a pretty good oil leak out of the two bolts coming out of the
block for the coil mounting. When I finish putting my engine back together, I
would like to avoid having this. Is there something else that can be done?
Maybe shouldered studs or something. I have lathe and could make something,
but would rather buy it if something better is available. What would happen if
you put in studs with some sort of sealer around them like marine epoxy ,
Permatex or Locktite?
     Has anyone else had this issue?
     TIA,

 -Bill Brewer