[TR] Are there any new hi-tech cheap gadgets I can buy to get my fuel mixture right ?

Lee Janssen lee.k.janssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 14:31:18 MST 2014

> Sujit wrote: This is for a Stag with the original twin ZS set up

Long subject - very, very short answers:

If you wish to keep your carburetors the answer is NO. There are very good
reasons carbureted cars were no longer manufactured after the mid 1980s -
30 years ago.

If you are willing to convert to fuel injection the answer is MAYBE. It
depends on how much time and energy you want to spend on an after-market
computer system. Even the addition of a wide band O2 sensor won't get you
all the way there because it is very difficult (I'll say impossible) to
detect and correct for knock in a Triumph engine. An extreme example of
this conversion can be found at:
 http://www.tiggersavage.com/tr6_turbo.htm

If you are willing to drop a new engine into your vintage car the answer is
YES. An extreme example of this conversion can be found at:
http://www.britishv8.org/triumph/joecurry.htm

My suggestion is don't worry about your mixture - simply enjoy the pleasure
of checking your dashpot oil (of is the fluif?).