[TR] Are there any new hi-tech cheap gadgets I can buy to get my fuel mixture right ?

Bud R levilevi at comcast.net
Fri Jan 3 14:04:13 MST 2014

Not new or high-tech but a Gunson Colortune worked for me to get the
mixture right.

It also enabled me to see that a fuel pressure surge was causing a
miss (the flame went yellow instead of the preferred blue) when excess
fuel got pushed past the float needles every so often. The yellow
flame coincided with the temporary fuel pressure gage I placed in the
fuel line jumping in pressure to 3-5 psi. I put a fuel pressure
regulator in the fuel line which solved that issue. My TR6 is picky
about not having more than about 2 psi of fuel pressure.

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine and dinghy car for RV)
70 Spitfire MK III (parts car, FE engine donated to race car)
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)