[TR] TR6 Hesitation and Running Issue

Jonas Payne jpaynepbr at cox.net
Sun Feb 23 16:12:12 MST 2014

I have a 1975 TR6 that came in with severe flooding issues.

Rebuilt carbs, only to discover timing and ignition issues.

At this point, I have rebuilt carbs, new points, rotor, condenser, wires,
plugs, and cap, and a correctly timed engine that has 125# of compression on
all 6.

The car was tuned per factory spec at idle, and during a test drive, drove
very well with only a very slight hesitation on tip in.   Dashpots have
correct oil and level.

However, if you shut the car off and re-start while hot, it will idle fine
but it misses, sputters and bucks when you try to give it any gas.

Disconnected and capped the anti run on vac line at the manifold to no
improvement.

I'm at a loss at this point.

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting Services, LLC