[TR] tr6 woes part 8

Bob Rochlin r_rochlin at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 19 12:56:42 MST 2014

I can feel your anguish in regurgitating the difficulties you've had.  I've
had one experience like that in my life.  It was from an oil burner repair
shop, and it taught me to always specify that I wanted a price or an estimate
before I had any work done on anything.    Unfortunately XK put up a competent
facade, and saw you as a trusting person and took full advantage.  It would
have been one thing if you had had competent repairs carried out in a
professional manner, but to have slip shod work done at a premium price and
have every resulting problem blamed on the condition of your car is
outrageous.    For what it's worth, my friend had almost the same thing to him
last summer at a garage on Cape Cod.  He filled a suit in small claims court
action and the garage owner, not wanting the publicity, came to an agreement
with him to give him a substantial amount of his money back.  My friend was as
I was surprised as I was that it worked...

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/r_rochlin@hotmail.com