[TR] tr6 woes part 8

Peter Arakelian peterara at msn.com
Tue Feb 18 19:34:27 MST 2014

Bottom line.  I am not happy.  I feel insulted by the owner's tone regarding
the condition before they got it and the "shocking" condition it was in.  I
was treated poorly regarding problems that arose while they had it.  I feel I
was overcharged.  Sure they balanced, epoxied, painted, and cleaned, but I was
not given any options I was just presented with a bill.  No estimate, no
signed work order.  Though I had brought up start-up procedures, they did not
start the car with 30W break-in oil, they did not run the car at 2500 rpm for
20 minutes when they first started it. But, hey, Jason says they have been
rebuilding engines for 40 years and they know how to start up a fresh engine.

Draw your own conclusions about this, I would like to hear them, but I will
not be going back or recommending them to anyone.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver