[TR] TR6 woes Part 5

Peter Arakelian peterara at msn.com
Tue Feb 18 19:31:40 MST 2014

Monday I send an e-mail outlining all the problems and explained how they
could not all be coincidental.  For example the heater cable was loose from
the knob; it actually had pulled loose from the connector in the knob.  The
ammeter turned out not to be the problem, the alternator was no longer
charging, it had been charging just fine. The wires were loose at the flasher.
His response: Turns out they did not align the car after installing the
steering rack.  Why?  Because my car is so shockingly worn out and tired that
without a complete front end overhaul, aligning would do no good. The front
end was tight, nothing loose - Ian's here in town subsequently had no problem
getting it to run straight.  He is worried about the oil pressure; I need to
get it back there. It has 20W-50 Castrol in it.  I can then make a list of the
items I "THINK" (sic) were caused by them and they will review them and give
me an estimate on cost to fix them all. But they will accept responsibility
for the battery cable. My response was I would fix everything myself, but I do
want the oil pressure looked into.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver