[TR] TR4A rear brake cylinder instal

fogbro1 at comcast.net fogbro1 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 18 15:25:00 MST 2014

The top and bottom plates go on first, facing in the same direction. The
middle plate is then inserted between them from the opposite direction till
the tabs from the bottom plate lock into its openings. ISTR that the emergency
brake lever is not inserted till after the top and bottom plates are in
position.

Ed Woods.

     ----- Original Message -----  From: john-marie at sbcglobal.net  To:
triumphs at autox.team.net  Sent: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 21:39:21 -0000 (UTC)  Subject:
[TR] TR4A rear brake cylinder instal    Hello list,    I don't remember
putting rear brake cylinders on a TR3 many years ago being  this difficult.  I
get the spring plate and it's retainer on w/o difficulty.  The small one,
called an abutment plate, is another story.  Due to the turned  up ends it is
riding above the remaining groove on the cylinder and, in my  case, wants to
gouge the cylinder sides.  Also, it looks like once it is in  there, it will
be a mighty tight fit.  Not sure the cylinder will slide  correctly during
breaking.  Out of ideas!  Of course, I could be doing  something drastically
wrong.    John DeLuca  TR4A restro    ** triumphs at autox.team.net **    Donate:
http://www.team.net/donate.html  Archive: http://www.team.net/archive  Forums: