[TR] TR4A rear brake cylinder instal

Dean Tetterton tr3a58 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 18 15:19:02 MST 2014

List
       This is a procedure that is much easier to show someone
than to explain in words. I will give it a try and hope you can follow.
Will be much easier to do if you have pieces to look at while
reading. We will give it a try..

       First there are three pieces, two large and one smaller. The large
one's
lock together with tabs on one and a slot on the other. The small one
has upturned ends.

        The large one with the tabs goes on first, with the tabs up and the
open end
away from the handbrake lever end. The small one goes on next facing the
same way. Bent ends up and open end away from the handbrake lever.
The last large plate is driven between the first two until the tabs on the
first one installed engage with the notches in the last large one.
It is hard to drive it in and keep the other two plates in position. After
you do the first one, the second is easier.

          After they are all in and greased up, fit the dust cover.

         The removal is kind of the reverse. Drive a knife blade between
the ends of the two large plates to get the tab out of the notch. Then
take a punch and drive out the middle plate.

          One can get very verbal when doing this. Put the childern
in the house. Have a cold one when done not during. One can tear
up one's fingers.

          Hope this helps. The TR2/3 red book also explains it in section
R in the back with Girling Brakes.

Dean t.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/tr3a58@verizon.net