[TR] TR4 engine in a TR3

Randy and Valerie DeRuiter deruiterville at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 16:37:10 MST 2014

Terry-

The blocks identical, but the front engine plate needs changing out if you
want to install it in a 3 engine bay.  Head is basically the same too, but the
later TR4 intake if its the long runner type may give slight interference
issues if paired with H6's.  I don't think Strombergs would be any issue, nor
would HS6's.

Randy

> Hi everyone.  Been awhile since I've been on the list.
> Can someone remind me of the difference in size of the 4 engine in a 3
engine bay?  I seem to remember the 4's head causes the carbs to take more
space?