[TR] spring compressor

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Dec 27 15:58:20 MST 2014

The key word being "enough."  ;-)

I did just that drilling for a clevis pin which is much more convenient that torquing down a jam nut anyway.  But I never subjected mine to such abuse.  But the compressors I have used made from hardware store all-thread tend to gum up the threads after only a couple of uses.  This one is still good as new.  And I have a spare piece of acme thread (the shortest piece I could buy was twice as long as I needed).

Dave Massey