[TR] TR4A wire harness

john-marie at sbcglobal.net john-marie at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 19 19:19:15 MST 2014

Hi List,
Am taking a hard look at the suitability of my original harness to be reused.
The harness is in good shape.  The connectors are surprisingly good but need
cleaning.  I want to clean a few and check continuity before going further.  I
recall hearing somewhere that the connectors should not be "shined-up" as that
removes their conductive coating, but simply cleaned with a solvent or light
abrasive.  Anyone care to comment on the proper cleaning of connectors?
John DeLuca