[TR] TR4A - OK, so this is weird..

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Mon Dec 15 22:15:40 MST 2014

I think it's a sudden richness issue too.  Fuel sloshes in such a way
that the float drops, fuel level rises suddenly, now it's pouring out
of the jet tube and the car runs funny.  Since the fuel line is under
pressure it can happen very quickly.  I think you'd need a big load
to block the vent into the float bowl.  We put in EGT gauge to figure
out what was going on, but it's been so long ago that I don't
remember how they acted.  Actually I think we figured out the problem
before putting in the EGT's anyway.

Cheers, Tony Drews.