[TR] TR4A - OK, so this is weird..

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Mon Dec 15 15:15:17 MST 2014

Back when I was the VTR Autocross Advisor I had someone call me about this problem. He was having a little
trouble visualising the float geometry I was trying to explain to him. But yes, having fore - aft float
orientation rather than side to side virtually eliminates it.

As I recall my theory back then was that the sloshing of the fuel covered a vent hole, so if the needle
valve was closed and the vent momentarily blocked there was no way for the fuel to get out because no air
could get in. But since then I've gone to the sudden richness theory.

mjb.