[TR] Problems getting my TR4A running again

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 09:20:39 MDT 2014

On 8/28/14, 8:06 AM, Dave Connitt wrote:
> I carefully degreed the new camshaft which was a PIA to do with the engine
> still in the car by the way. I put the rest of the engine together and it not
> only won't start, but won't even "pop".
> Here is what I have done so far;
> 1. I reviewed again the camshaft timing instructions (BP270 camshaft from
> BPNW)
>      a. Find TDC for cylinder 1 and index the degree wheel to "0 degrees"

Was it top dead centre on the compression stroke or top dead centre on
the exhaust stroke and are you sure?

After all that work with the degree wheel did you double check it buy
visually following the method for installing a camshaft described in the
workshop manual?

When you installed the distributor was the rotor pointed in the right
direction?

You mentioned verifying fuel but didn't mention spark.  Have you
verified that you have a strong spark at the plugs?

TeriAnn