[TR] Not TR - MGB

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 05:22:59 MDT 2014

My only experience is with Spitfires, but it's my understanding that
the late OPUS ignition with the remote control box is nothing but  GM
ignition module in a black box with Lucas written on it.  I think it's
pretty simple to open the box and replace the module for about $40.

Still, depending on the condition of the distributor (wobble, etc.),
it might be best to replace it.  You can then put in electronic
ignition if desired.  One thing to consider is the issue of vacuum
advance/retard in your current vs. replacement distributor.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.