[TR] TR2/3 seatbelt installation

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Tue Aug 12 12:24:28 MDT 2014

Hello List:
I am installing lap belts in my TR2 and have checked the archives for
some background with no real clear answers. I intend to anchor the
inside belt to the part of the trans/drive shaft tunnel that is welded
to the floor. This puts the anchor bolt in "shear" position, which I
have been told is OK. Just not clear on where to put the anchor for the
outside belt. Thought of the wheel-well as the metal appears to be quite
solid. Not sure of the sloping shelf panels behind the seats as they
appear to be boxed sections & access may not work.
Any advice on mounting location? Using high strength reinforcing washers
and Grade 8 hardware.
Thanks for any help with this one.
Angelo Graham