[TR] TR battery recommendation

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Sat Apr 26 05:52:19 MDT 2014

I have had an interstate in my 4A for 10 years so far and it is fine.  I do
use a battery minder as it does not get used as regularly as yours. I also
check and top up the electrolyte periodically

Do check your electrolyte. Is it above the tops of the plates?

If that is ok then put a multimeter in ammeter mode to check the battery drain
with everything off. Start in the 10 amp mode if available before the more
sensitive setting. Otherwise you might blow its fuse if the drain is too high

If that is not too high, then check the battery voltage with the engine
running, but after a drive ( to get the batt fully charged). The terminal
voltage should be 14 to 14.4 volts.

What are the results of these tests?

-Tony