[TR] diff leak

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 25 16:48:42 MDT 2014

Gary,

Easy task if you have a lift. Not so easy on your back but I have done
it a few times.
A speedee seal is recommended since there may be a grove on the pinion.
All you have to do is remove the 4 bolts to the drive shaft, remove the
pin and then the large bolt holding the pinion. You may need a air
wrench. The pinion should just slide out. Removing the old seal can be a
pain. I tried using a removal wrench from HF but it broke. Ended up
using hammer and a thin screw driver.

I believe the speedee seal has to be pressed on. If you dont have a
press, a machine shop should be able to do it in about 5 minutes.

Have fun!

Bob