[TR] Subject: Engineer Question again!

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Mon Apr 21 21:40:06 MDT 2014

Just went through an exercise replacing wrist pins in my custom
Wiesco pistons.  Learned a couple of things in the process - pistons
are made for either circlips or for spiral locks, and the wrist pin
is made differently depending on which of those you run too.  The end
of the wrist pin is flat for spiral locks and has a chamfer on the OD
if running a circlip (to help push the circlip back into the groove
in the piston, presumably).

I would imagine that a mismatched set of circlip / spiral lock in a
piston / wrist pin made for the opposite one could result in the
keeper leaving the piston.

The delrin button seems pretty foolproof, but I've never used them.

Tony Drews