[TR] I need a new Brake Line and its NLS

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Fri Apr 11 01:36:13 MDT 2014

I actually had pretty good luck flaring mild steel line with a cheap Harbor freight flaring tool, but it took some finesse to get it right (main trick get the tool really tight on the line so it doesn't slip when you flare it.

I did have one line I just couldn't seem to get to seal, luckily I have a local "clutch and brake" shop that flared my line I had cut to length, as I recall about 6-7 bucks and a couple minutes wait, in hindsight probably should have skipped buying the tool and he'd the local shop do them all.

Greg Lemon