[TR] TR3 Radiator Frame

Keith Stewart keithstewart at execulink.com
Sun Apr 6 16:00:14 MDT 2014

On Apr 6, 2014, at 5:16 PM, terryrs at comcast.net wrote:
> Looking at options to mount an electric fan on a TR3.  I've seen some mods
on the internet that seem to have drilled and screwed into the side.  Is there
enough space between the frame and the fins to do that?

The frame wraps around the front and rear of the rad sufficiently to give
enough surface to mount the fan. On our 57 TR3, the eFan was originally
installed by Bob Schaller in this manner. When I put in an aluminum rad, I
mounted the fan the same way. I put a stop on the drill so the drill bit did
not go too deeply. There are no coolant tubes immediately opposite the frame.
Even if the drill or screw were to go too far, I do not think you could do
much damage. Remember, the fins give off the heat. It is the tubes that carry
the coolant.

Keith Stewart
keithstewartATexeculinkDOTcom