[TR] Forgive me: electric fan question

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Sat Apr 5 14:45:26 MDT 2014

You're going to get a lot of mail on this one, Terry, most of which will
disagree with me.

1. No matter what you do, I think you're going to have to take the apron
off.
2. With apologies for all the disdain this is about to cause, and for
complicating the issue, I have an alternative. I went with the Moss TR6 fan
conversion instead of electric and I am delighted with it. I had a Kenlowe on
one of my Stags before and I found that the motor burned out a couple of
times  without me knowing about it. On a TR3, the fuse blew once and I didn't
know  until the gauge went high, then on a 2.5PI a connection rusted and
again the fan  failed to work. I find the mechanical fan to be the best because
if something  fails, you feel it or hear it right away.
3. I also upgraded to a TRF high output water pump. The combination of the
TR6 fan and the high output water pump is, in my opinion, the best possible
 combination. Many will disagree and I will defer to those with greater
experience. I've only been working on TR's since '72....Lemme know if you want
 to consider going the mechanical route and I'll give further details on
the fan,  etc.

Tim Dyer, now in Ottawa, Ontario.

In a message dated 05/04/2014 4:17:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,