[TR] Radiator Fan switch

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Sep 17 19:11:11 MDT 2013

> I put the old one and a new one in a cup of hot water - not sure of the
> temp, but I used the hot beverage setting on the microwave, then went
> another 30 seconds, so I thought it be over 180.
>
> Neither of the switches showed continuity.

A little poking around seems to suggest that 180 isn't enough.  Only rating I found was for "92-87 degrees", which I take to mean that it will not close until almost 200F (92C) and then stay on until below 190F (87C).

> If I could seal it and get to the shop would they be able to fix it in
> the car?

Very unlikely, I would say.  They will want to dip the whole radiator in their cleaning tank, to get clean metal to solder to; and then paint it afterwards.

Randall