[TR] Bleeding Hydraulics on a TR6

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Sep 11 01:20:03 MDT 2013

> I just wanted to verify that you
> start at the
> bleeder farthest from the master cylinder first.

Shouldn't matter, you should be able to get fluid no matter where you bleed first.  The book does say to do the farthest cylinder
first, but I think it's just to reduce the amount of bleeding required.

Sounds like you need to bench-bleed the MC.  You might be able to get it going by bleeding at the outlet fittings while on the car.

>      I was told that you
> could hook a Mityvak up to the bleeder and vacuum pump the
> air out. It doesn't
> seem to work. How does one use a Mityvac to bleed brakes?

That's the theory, didn't work for me either.  I think it was pulling air past the bleed screw threads, instead of fluid from the
MC.  BTW there is a reservoir that you are supposed to use between the MityVac and the brakes; the pump doesn't like brake fluif.

>      I am going to look for a one man bleeder tomorrow.

The Dorman "speed bleeder" bleed valves worked a treat for me.  But they won't help if you can't get the MC to pump.

Randall