[TR] TR3 tonneau revisited

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 08:53:04 MDT 2013

On 9/5/13 7:26 AM, wbeech at flash.net wrote:
> 98 degrees and sunny all week here in west Texas, perfect weather for
> fitting a tonneau.  Just got my hood/top on and adjusted for the first time
> since getting it last fall.

The best temperature for setting snap locations is the temperature that
you are most likely to erect it. If you are likely to put up the top to
protect from cold that is the best temperature to set the snaps.  I've
seen several cars that had top snaps set on a hot summer day and on cool
days were set up with some snaps left unsnapped because they will not
reach on cold days.

Same with the tonneau.  Set the snaps at the average temperature that
you are likely to mount the tonneau on your car.

Our venders used to supply parts that fit.  I purchased my tonneau and
soft top in the 1980's and they fit just fine.  It is time to remind
them that parts should fit our vehicles.

TeriAnn